Sunday, May 06, 2007

One month ago today....






It is so hard to believe that one month ago today our little angel was born. This month has passed so quickly, and as my mom is so quick to remind me that all fly by like this. Madalyn has grown up so much in this past month. Now she is able to look at us and recognize who we are and will smile and coo at us. It is the most amazing feeling to be able to hold her in my arms and know that she is my flesh and blood.

Madalyn has many hours of being awake, and is so scared to miss anything. She really only likes her crib at night, probably because during the day Mommy and Daddy are up and doing stuff and she is missing out. She will nap in her swing quite happily and often opens her eyes to peek and make sure we are still here. Its funny because I am the magic "OFF" button... no matter why she is crying if I pick her up she will burrow her head into my shoulder and the cries will immediately turn to wimpers. She is such a Mama's girl (just like me) We have a great time together. I never expected that motherhood would come this naturally for me, but it seems to be the thing that I was put on Earth to do.

This past two weeks we spent traveling... Mom and Dad's for ten days, and then to Jenna's house on our way back home. Savannah seemed very interested in her "baby" and liked to share all of her toys with her, even though Madalyn didnt seem too interested.

Today we weighed her... right after she ate so it wasnt accurate... but she weighed 10 3/4 pounds. So she is most likely about 10 1/4 pounds... what a big girl! She probably grew at least an inch while we were out of town.... she actually outgrew several of her pairs of pyjamas.

Nana and Papa Swanson babysat her for three hours today while we went to the house and did some work. I had to stop myself from wanting to keep calling to check up on her! Turns out we hadnt even pulled out of the driveway before she spit up all over Nana. They gave her 2 bottles of breastmilk I had pumped and she took them like a champ. But she cried the entire time we were gone.... luckily they love her or she might have scared off her babysitters! (Maybe that was her intent... so Mommy and Daddy wouldnt leave anymore!) When we got home she wouldnt let me put her down until about an hour ago when she finally fell asleep and could go in her crib. Its ten at night... so I had to do my homework while holding her. She didnt even want her Daddy... how in the world am I going to be able to leave her to go back to work? :)

I have at least 4 more weeks of mandatory maternity leave before my doctor will let me go back to work.
More updates later....

0 comments: