Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Prayers Needed

In the Swanson family there was a somewhat unhappy start to the morning. My mother in law called to tell me that last night my father in law went to the local hospital with "chest tightness" that he assumed was allergy related. He belived he might possibly need a breathing treatment and therefore went to the ER. Thankfully he actually went to the emergency room rather than just brushing it off as allergy related, because less than 12 hours later he was in the cardiac cath lab having a cath performed. Turns out his chest tightness was actually from him having a heart attack. Thursday morning he is scheduled for triple bypass surgery at North Florida Regional. Please keep him and Shawns's family in your thoughts and prayers over these next few days. I am so thankful that he actually went to the ER last night, because noone could have imagined that this was cardiac related. My father in law works out almost every single day and is an incredibly healthy man for his age, so it has been rather upsetting to him to hear that he had a heart attack.

2 comments:

Scottie said...

I will be praying for Shawn's dad and the rest of the family. Take care.

Julie said...

I will definitely be praying for Shawn's dad tomorrow. God bless all of you!