Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Date Night!

Well since I am sitting at work and am actually NOT busy for once, I guess I may as well update this. This weekend I actually got to visit with my mom, my sister, my neice and my brother in law... unexpectedly. It wasnt under the best of circumstances, as it was because Miss Savannah was sick... but it was nice to see them and to get to spend time with them. It was great too for Shawn to get to spend time with my family, especially since I spent an entire week with his parents when we went on vacation!

Other than that, not much is new. I have actually had 2 vomiting -free days in a row, which may not seem like much to celebrate... but trust me, it IS! Maybe as the dreadful first trimester ends things will be getting a little bit easier to deal with.... I certainly hope so! And I am not working as many 48 hour shifts in a row anymore... so I (almost!) feel back to my "normal" self.

Last night Shawn and I had "date night." How silly that you have to schedule a date night with your boyfriend who lives with you... but so it goes when we both are as busy as we are. We got dressed up (okay, I wore jeans, but these days anything other than a work uniform or pyjama pants is dressed up!) and we went to Yamato for dinner (the baby has expensive taste already!) We had a great time... just hanging out the two of us (and the other 5 people at our table) and talking and having fun. It was like the days before we knew I was pregnant and all the stress began... when we didnt have a care in the world. It was wonderful to have our date... and it reminded me of the million reasons why I love him. Then we went home and laid in bed playing with Allie and we watched football... I cant imagine a more perfect night. We even went through the baby name book my mom got us and talked about names.... (though I think we rejected more than we decided were maybes!)

We find out in about 5 weeks what it is... thats when I think I will start planning a lot more. Though I am going to order the nursery bedding this week....

0 comments: