Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Jaime's "Surprise"

Let me preface this entire entry by saying that I am the luckiest girl in the entire world to have a guy as great as my boyfriend. But this story is so funny that I have to share it, because it is definitely something the two of us will laugh at for awhile.

He told me the other day he had a surprise for me, that I would get when I came home from work (after a 48 hour shift.) I was busy at work, so it was at the back of my mind. So I had all but forgotten about it when I came home from work this morning and was greeted by the smell of... paint. I walked into the what will be the baby's nursery and he had gone and gotten paint to surprise me! The room looked amazing.... and completely the wrong color! We are planning to do an ocean theme in the nursery, so we wanted to go with a mint green color for the walls and accent with light green gingham. The color of the walls was a light green... like the color of a light Granny Smith apple! It was such a pretty color.... but would definitely not match the bedding we had chosen.

I didnt know what to do... he obviously went to such lengths to surprise me. He even painted the ceiling! I wanted to rush out to the store and get the right color and hope that he wouldnt notice! But I know I am not suppossed to be around paint fumes.... I looked up the picture of the bedding online, hoping that in some way it might match. It wouldnt. Then I looked at every website I could think of hoping that they might have something similar that might match the green... but I couldnt find anything.

I called him and thanked him so much for my surprise... and then he said he knew it was the wrong color. He thinks it might have been mixed wrong because it looks nothing like the sample he had chosen. I still felt so horrible! He said he would repaint it... and we joked about the room needing a base coat.

So this afternoon I went to Lowes and spent an hour in the paint department trying to pick a color that will match the bedding. I just hate that my surprise for him means more work for him! :)

1 comments:

The Martin Family said...

Hi Jaime, it's Julie--Jenna's cousin-in-law, haha!! First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your big news! I hope you are feeling better soon. That is so cool that your baby and Savannah will be only 1 year apart! They will be so close. That was really sweet of Shawn to paint the baby's room, and man that stinks that it was the wrong color! Well, so he got a practice round. Good luck finishing it up! :)