Thursday, May 22, 2008

Silence....

When you have a toddler, you know that sudden silence is a scary sound. When you have my daughter, you just KNOW that somewhere she has found some trouble to get into. So imagine my surprise today when I went in search of the silence expecting to see some sort of mess.... and found Madalyn sitting in her room, "reading" a book she had pulled off of her bookshelf. It doesnt matter that the book was upside down.... for several minutes I was able to watch her from the doorway without her realizing that I was standing there. And in her sweet baby babble, she was "reading" her story book out loud. My heart melted. And then she looked up and saw me, and was off again.... searching, presumably, for some trouble.

1 comments:

kafredrick said...

That is the sweet silence:) I have yet to experience that :)
We are doing well hanging in there! I am dying to see Rory as you can imagine.
I bet you could do it -thankfully you don't have to cause it is tough
thanks for asking:)