Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 1- Reading to Allie

Madalyn truly loves two things more than anything else. Reading books, and her doggies. The kid carries around her cardboard books all day, and when the dogs lie on the floor she sits right next to them and procedes to "read" them stories. She really tries to read. She can often be seen pointing at things in her books and trying to tell the dogs what they are. Today she grabbed a magazine off a shelf and went to lay with Allie on her dog bed to read.




I know she is too young to read, but it is so hilarious how Madalyn can identify her books. I think the best is how she "reads"
Mr Brown Can Moo . She calls it the "moo" book. The other day she opened to the thunder page, pointed and said "BOOM." So cute.

By the way she knows lots of animal noises. She can say "moo" for cow, "woof woof" for doggie, "meow" for kitty, "tweet tweet" for birdie, "neigh" for horsie, and "quack quack" for duck. She knows lots of body parts too! She can show you her hair, head, eyes, ears, nose, tongue (Shawn's favorite to see her stick her tongue out!) mouth, teeth, boobies, belly, belly button, knee, shoulders, toes, fingers.... and I am sure I am missing one....

1 comments:

Jenna said...

What an adventure! I don't know if I could keep it up for 365 days. This should be fun- and I'll definitely bust your butt if you skip a day!!

Love you all :)

PS Did you find Savannah's Mermaid cup? I looked everywhere when I picked her up and couldn't find it...