Saturday, February 10, 2007

31 Weeks....

Yesterday we had our 31 week doctors appointment. Wow how time flies! No ultrasound, so we can't tell how big she is, but by measuring me it seems she may have just had a growth spurt because I am measuring exactly where I should be. Dr. Muskus said that she has turned head-down, which I had figured because I feel some kicking under my ribs now which I hadnt felt before. So she is at least starting to think about making her appearance!

While I did pass my glucola test, turns out I failed the one hour portion. My sugar after 1 hour was 192 and the highest acceptable is 130! So he wont technically classify me as a gestational diabetic, I still need to watch my carbs and sugars very closely. At least I dont have to prick my finger every day! We dont eat particuarily bad to begin with... but I definitely wont be enjoying any chocolate this Valentines day! (though I AM having a piece of Publix cake at my baby shower!)

I was asking if he would check me when I got closer, to give me a guesstimate if I am starting to dilate and start thinking about when she might decide to come... and he said he usually doesnt because it is so uncomfortable. But he DID offer to induce me when it gets closer if that would work better for us... which takes a little stress off of me about having to worry about going into labor at work! We dont have to make a decision yet... but at least I have that option if thats what we choose!

We are going to a friend's wedding today at the same place we are getting married, with the same caterer, so it will be nice to see how things are set up and how it sounds and all... kind of like a trial run for our wedding. I work with the groom so there will be a lot of firefighters there as well, and a bunch of our friends are in the wedding party. Should be a good time!

0 comments: