Saturday, November 25, 2006

Getting ready for Christmas...

Well I know it seems like so far away.... but I always try to kick off the holiday season right away. Especially since I am working on Christmas Day... I feel like I will miss out on the big day, so I want to start early! And I have to admit... last year I was hardly in the Christmas spirit... complete with me carrying my tree fully decorated (except for the few special ornaments that I have) down to the curb the morning after Christmas!Which I had totally forgotten about until yesterday when I got everything out and there were no tree lights, garland and ornaments! So Shawn and I went shopping for which he totally deserves sainthood for.... and braved the crowds to get our ornaments and Christmas tree. The tree is decorated blue and white and silver... so we can combine both out Catholic and Jewish holidays. It looks beautiful, and so far Allie has only stared at the lights, not bothered with the tree at all. In fact, yesterday we heard an ornament shatter and went running expecing to find her starily guiltily at the tree.... but she was actually sleeping in her crate and the casualty was in fact my fault for not securing the ornament well enough to the tree!

Shawn, in good Clark Griswold tradition, started putting some lights up outside the house, and they look beautiful. We also put out our stockings and bought a small one for Allie.... so we are basically ready for the holidays. While shopping yesterday we started thinking about the future Christmases.... where we will be buying bikes and dollhouses and wrapping them from "Santa"..... and we were both so excited about the baby! It reminded me of all of the happy Christmas memories from my family growing up.... which were such wonderful thoughts. It is so exciting to be able for Shawn and I to establish our own holiday traditions for our family.

Thanksgiving was great.... my family was able to come up for dessert with Shawn's family, and Jenna and Brad brought Savannah up so she got to meet Shawn's nephew Josh. We had a great time, then yesterday morning Shawn made a huge breakfast and we had both of our parents over to eat. We showed them the ultrasound video of the baby and just hung out together for a few hours.... and had a great time. I think our parents get along really well... which definitely makes things a lot easier for Shawn and I! So altogether we had a great holiday surrounded by our family and friends.... and it was really a good time.

Today is the FSU game... so GO GATORS!

0 comments: