Monday, January 15, 2007

I LOVE flat orange soda

The glucola test tastes like flat orange soda... but not Sunkist orange soda... more like some yucky cheap brand. It really is pretty disgusting. I should know this because I have had quite a bit of experience with this over the past month. Lets see.... took the one hour test, failed it with a 152 of 130. The took the 3 hour test and passed with perfectly normal results. On Friday took the 1 hour test again... and failed with a 137. So guess what? I get to take the 3 hour test again... which means getting stuck 4 more times. And while my hematocrit has come up somewhat from my last test it is still low... which means I get to take a second iron pill each day. :) I think while I personally like being pregnant, my body definitely has other plans!

We had our 27 week appointment on Thursday, and an ultrasound. Miss Madalyn is actually measuring big for her age and looks to be about a week ahead of where "normal" is, but the tech thinks it may have been because she just had a growth spurt. The amniotic band that they were worried about is pushed way up against my uterus so it doesnt even show on ultrasound anymore. I think that was probably my last ultrasound until she is born. Its getting harder to actually see all of her because she is big... what a difference from her 10 weeks ago! She was nestled up in the back of my uterus and was cuddling with my spinal cord, which explains all of the sciatic nerve pain I have been experiencing! Everything looked great with her and we got to see her heart up close... all 4 chambers, which was really neat to see it beating. The doctor was happy with everything he saw as far as weight and blood pressure... so everthing looks good. (Except for me hating the glucola drink!)

This weekend we got to see my mom who came to Crystal River for a dog show. She brought us a Pack and Play which actually came in handy on Sunday night when our friend Zach's daughter spent the night with us. Kaia is 2 years old and absolutely adorable... not to mention a handful. She was good for us though... I gave her a bath while the boys hung out, then combed her hair and got her all tucked in. Allie kept trying to go in that room and check on her... it was so cute. Shawn actually watched her for some of the morning today. Its so cute to see him play "Daddy" with her... we definitely cant wait until our own little bundle is here!

Our party went well... we had lots of our friends around and the Mexican food was a hit! It was fun to have our friends over and to be able to see them since it has been awhile since we have gone out and done a whole lot socially. It meant a lot to us to have the people that came to share in our excitement, especially those who made a trip from out of town to spend time with us. It was really special to us to have them all around. Allie had a blast playing with the kids that were over here... though her left hind leg has been bothering her a little bit and at one point I had to put her in her crate just so she would stop running around because she would run then start limping! I think she may have just pulled a muscle while she was outside terrorizing our lawn with her heavy footing!

I started PT today... the guy was very nice, and seemed very positive that while he suspects my lateral meniscus or my LCL are torn therapy will help a lot, if not prevent surgery. And if I DO have surgery, at least my accessory muscles are prepared to recover more quickly. He said my knee is definitely swollen compared to the other one, and it appears my thigh has atrophied slightly from using different muscles to correct it, both of which indicate that there is something going on. So I will see him or this other lady twice a week for awhile, and I see the ortho doctor on Thursday so I should know something more then. Its shaping up to be a busy week!

0 comments: