Saturday, January 06, 2007

Last week of the second trimester

I am now almost halfway through the last week of my second trimester... I cant believe it! On Thursday we will start the 13 week countdown until our little baby is here. April seems so far away, but thinking of it in terms of weeks makes it seem like such a short time until we get to meet our daughter. On Thursday we have our 27 week appointment and ultrasound, so I will have some pictures of Miss Madalyn to post. It really seems like just yesterday I was seeing her heartbeat at 6 weeks!

Shawn and I are already practicing for those sleepless nights! I have become quite the insomniac these days, which means he is up as well. Every time I lay down I feel like I cant breathe, and when I move to get her to shift to a different part of my uterus, she always chooses my bladder area, so then there are the umpteen million bathroom trips all night. Poor Allie (who gets up to check on me every time I get up to go to the bathroom) doesnt get any sleep either! Last night I tried sleeping in the guest room for a little bit, but I couldnt sleep in there either and figured at least my own bed was more comfortable to toss and turn in! I think I need to learn to sleep sitting up... time to go rocking chair shopping!

Grandma Swanson bought some more pink stuff for the baby... this time a cute little plate with pink piggies on it... I think she is finally beginning to believe she may get a granddaughter after all!

This week we officially picked a wedding date and site... we will be getting married October 20th at Eventfuls in Newberry. Thats the day after my parents wedding anniversary, and Im pretty certain Shawn's parents got married in October as well. We are trying to get as much of the "big" wedding stuff taken care of before Madalyn joins us, so we arent juggling too much with the baby and wedding all at once. I only want to have to do the fun stuff after she is here... none of the hard work and coordinating!

We HAVE to take come belly pictures and get them on here... I am ashamed of myself that I havent taken any as of yet. At least now I look pregnant and not just like I have a big beer belly! And those prenatal vitamins are finally starting to make a difference... my hair and nails grow so fast! I am going to try to take advantage of it while I can.

Work update... still on light duty, and looks like this will be it for the long haul, even though I despise office work! I talked to the risk management lady and she seems to think that until I can be properly evaluated I will be unable to return to duty, and I cant be properly evaluated without an MRI and I cant have one of those until the baby is born. So... looks like this will be my home until she is here.... which sucks, but it safer for her and I have to keep reminding myself of that. But I really DO miss running calls and being at my own station with my own partner and all. But I go back to the doctor sometime this week and we will see what he has to say... then we will know for sure what I will be doing.

1 comments:

Liz said...

Have you tried sleeping on the couch? I know many people that were just so uncomfortable when they would lie down in a bed that they found it more comfortable to spend the night on the couch. Try that one night and see if it makes it easier.
It's amazing how fast time passes isn't it? I can't believe that Ella is 6 months old, I swear it's still May and I just had my babyshower!