Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Crib Fiasco

Nothing in life is ever easy..... and neither was getting Madalyn's crib. I had been looking pretty much ever since I knew I was pregnant for the "perfect crib". I am picky... so it was no easy feat to say the least. Especially since I was running into the problem of having two different colors... white and antique white. White is white... antique white is more of a vanilla color. Very pretty, but very different colors when you put them next to each other. FINALLY I found THE CRIB at JCPenney, in the regular white. Grandma Hill ordered it for me as a gift and we had it shipped to the JCPenney store in Gainesville. She had done the same with Jenna's crib last year but in Ocala.

So yesterday I called to see if the crib was in Gainesville, so I could coordinate with Carey and Zach how we would pick it up using their truck. They told me it was showing in the computer but noone had checked the boxes for sure, so they would call me back. I asked if I would be able to pick it up today if it was indeed there and they said yes, just bring ID and the credit card used to purchase the crib. Here began the problem.

Mom bought the crib and lives almost 4 hours away. I explained this to them, and they said they would need her to come up here and show the car so they could "get paid" for the crib. This made me irate as the purchase had already been charged to the card 2 days ago. I explained this to the woman, who said she couldnt help me, so I asked to speak to her manager. The manager was a not very nice woman who basically told me that Mom had to come here for us to get the crib. I told her this was not an option as we had already been charged for the crib. She said we should have said it was gift when we purchased it. I told her that there wasnt an option online to do this. She still was refusing to help me and as a hormonal pregnant woman I was not having it. I told her that I know that it is possible for us to get the crib because Jenna had gotten hers from JCPenney. At this point she told me I must be mistaken because JCPenney would never have released the crib to her without the credit card. I told her that it must just be that the employees in Ocala were far less bitchy than those in Gainesville. Finally she agreed to give us the crib if mom would fax her credit card and her drivers license to the store so they could verify it. Mom wasnt pleased with this as it is illegal to ask for both. So SHE called the store and spent 40 minutes arguing with that manager and then the store manager.

Long story short, she faxed what I needed to work, and I went by there to get the fax, then went to JCPenney and dealt with some incredibly incompetent people to get the crib and mattress. Finally after about 40 minutes we got the package just as Zach and Carey arrived and we loaded everything up to go home.

We get home, and unpack the crib... and turns out what was advertised as "white" should have been advertised as "antique white"! Wrong color crib! By that point in time I was so exhausted by the entire thing that I just said screw it.... Madalyn will never notice the difference in the two colors.... and even if she did there are way more important things to worry about. Plus the crib is beautiful, even if it is the wrong color. We put the sheets and the bumper on it and they look absolutely adorable!

So now all we need is the chair and baby's room is complete except for the little things....




3 comments:

Jenna said...

Don't you love dealing with customer service people? Lets boycott JCPenney and Best Buy together!!

By the way- I hope you realize that you bought THE EXACT SAME CRIB as mine!!!!! Well, mine is white though- ha ha, and my changing table is antique white! Madalyn's room is almost an exact carbon copy of Savannah's!

The Martin Family said...

Oh, what a mess! I think it looks great though...looking forward to seeing it complete! :)

The Martin Family said...

OOPS....didn't realize it was Kevin's account signed in...that was my post, haha!!