Saturday, October 04, 2008

Day 6: In the Gardens

I am going to start this before I leave for photoshoots at Kanapaha Botanical Gardens. I have a bunch of pictures to post, just random snapshots from the last few days. I will probably add some to yesterday's post so today's isnt so overloaded with pictures! :)

Okay update here. I had 4 shoots today, and 2 last minute cancellations and then a no show. I know I shouldnt let this get to me, but it was annoying to go somewhere and wait for someone to show up that didnt. I have a phone and make sure everyone has my number.... I went for some retail therapy on the way home and took advantage of a baby-free hour. I bought a basket for the living room to put her toys in. Note here: as babies get bigger so do their toys! Hers didnt fit in the little canvas bin anymore and I cant stand having them all over the place all the time!

So I got home rather bummed, and still had to be back at Kanapaha for a shoot this evening. I dont charge a deposit for people as of now, but it looks like I might have to, especially if I am paying a sitter to watch Madalyn. But I hate for good customers to have to pay for the mistakes of others... but there is pretty much no way around it.

When I got home I was in a crabby mood to say the least... and here is why I love my husband. He totally cheered me up. After cleaning out our attic all day (YES I did say cleaning out our attic! We will be adding insulation soon to help to combat our $500 electric bill!) he was extemely tired.... and I jokingly said a photoshoot with my daughter might cheer me up. I dont get to take many "real" photos of Madalyn becuse it is a 2 person job and for some reason it is like pulling teeth to get an hour of cooperation from him for photos. But he shocked me and said he didnt mind helping me today... so we packed up the baby and headed to Kanapaha an hour and a half early for my shoot.

We walked around, and Madalyn was really more interested in pushing her own stroller then she was posing for photos, but I did manage a few cute ones. I will be posting them soon. Regardless of if I got ANY photos, it was an extremely nice thing for Shawn to do. Then they just walked the grounds and checked out the flowers while I had my session.

So all in all, the day was great! And check out the pictures on Day 5 of the new car!
EDITED AGAIN TO ADD: I uploaded some photos after all. I only got to 3 of them, but these were the ones that jumped out at me. I am playing with some differnet conversions in my photo editing.... so tell me what you think!

And keep the comments coming! I LOVE them!



0 comments: