Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 26,27,28,29 Where Did the Time Go?

I feel like I have LIVED on an ambulance the last few days. Friday I had the busiest shift EVER.... as in 25 calls in 24 hours. It was CRAZY! Whew... then after about 40 minutes of sleep I packed everything up and headed to another station to finish my 48 hour shift. Why do trades always seem like a good idea at the time I do them, and are so bad when it comes time to actually work them? I guess a long time ago back in August I enjoyed a day off I had to pay back this crazy weekend. And by crazy I mean INSANE! I ran almost 40 calls in 2 days! Then came home yesterday, crashed until almost noon, ran some errands, came home and was totally worthless. I didnt want to do anything!! And all Madalyn wanted to do was play with me, and I felt so bad because I was WAY too tired to do that!

Friday morning she broke my heart when I took her to Nana Swanson's to drop her off.... she cried! When I handed her over she reached back out to me and said "mammmmaaaaa" and cried! I about broke down myself.... and I had to leave her like that! My own mom said she was just trying to make me feel guilty (mission accomplished! it worked!)

So today I was prepared for the worst... and when Nana opened the door she yelled "Nana!!" and was all excited. So that made me feel better....

And today I am back at work, and realized quickly why I need 2 days off in between shifts.... my patience is nill when I am tired.

I should be sleeping.. usually I wait until 2 am for sleep (when the bars close.) I hate getting up and down...

It's COLD here BTW..... I can see my breath! I was actually shivering on our last call! Maybe its winter?! All I know is that Madalyn might have to rethink her costume for Friday if this weather keeps up! ;)

0 comments: