Wednesday, March 21, 2007

37 Weeks (tomorrow)



Well I am officially 37 weeks tomorrow (or today depending on what calendar calculated my due date!) But my appointment yesterday was considered to be my 37 week appointment.

I had thought for certain I was going to have her on Monday. I woke up and felt just awful, then within about an hour I was nauseous and vomiting and started having contractions. I had a doctors appointment for my knee and managed to make it to that and was still having contractions but nothing regular enough to bother timing. I still felt horrible so I took the day off of work and came home and rested... which is what I needed but still wasnt worth taking time off when she decided she wasnt ready to come out! :) I had felt for certain that all of the "telltale signs of labor" were starting and maybe we were going to get to meet our little girl. Especially when I started with the whole "nesting" feeling... and wanting to make certain everything was ready for her. I even made Shawn help me put the car seat into my car!

This past week I have started feeling uncomfortable... I think partially because she has dropped into my pelvis and I have a lot of pressure and dont feel great now. Im glad though that Im not the only one who feels like this... when I went to Shawns softball game last night all the mommies there were telling me how badly they wanted to give birth at this point and all of the things that they tried to make them go into labor! So at least Im not the only one who is starting to feel tired of being pregnant at this point. Apparantly its something most mothers feel!

At my appointment I had had already know he probably wouldnt check me... he said he usually doesnt do it because it wont mean anything. He could find Im already dilated and tell me that and then Ill be dissapointed when I go another 3 weeks without anything happening, or he could see Im not dilated at all and tell me that and I could go into labor that night. So it makes sense... but still I would like to know if all those contractions the other day helped to do anything or if shes not even thinking about making her debut to the world! Everything looked good at the doctors appointment, though my blood pressure was a little bit higher then it had been. It isnt considered high, but I do think I am holding a bit of fluid because my feet and hands are a little puffy.

I have another appointment on Monday and have an ultrasound scheduled with that appointment so I will get to see her then. (If not before then.... HINT HINT Madalyn!)

1 comments:

Liz said...

Oh she definitely dropped! Look how low you are carrying! This is definitely the most uncomfortable time - but it will get better soon!