Thursday, March 29, 2007

38 Weeks

No real baby news as of yet. Just lots of Braxton Hicks contractions for warm up, I guess. I see the doctor again Monday and maybe he will induce me??? I am certainly hoping.

We heard for certain yesterday that we are "cleared to close" on our house with the bank! YAY! That was a lot of stress off of our backs. Now we just have to hope and pray that the tenants will be out in the next two days. Their thirty days is up technically tomorrow, but I think the sellers gave them until the 31st to be out. We are planning to do our walk through on Sunday, April 1st... so they better be out. And we may close as early as next Wednesday, depending on the baby and if/when she decides to come! Shawn and I have taken quite a few evening strolls down our new street and there doesnt seem to be any progress as far as moving is concerned. We are such dorks about it. They have a tarp out there, and we were like "oh a tarp! They can put stuff in a pickup truch and cover it with that!" They HAVE taken the screen door off of its hinges and we were like "maybe they did that to move big stuff out!" But in reality, no real signs of them not being there anymore.

Well, I thought I would make it through my whole pregnancy without any middle of the night trips to the hospital, but I was wrong. Tuesday night I started having severe GI problems that kept me up all night and I was absolutely miserable. I couldnt keep anything down and couldnt get comfortable and was having horrible stomach pains.... so at 5:30 I broke down and called the on call doctor. She was certain I was dehydrated which can bring on contractions, but the kind that wont do anything except make me uncomfortable. She wanted me to come in, so we loaded up and went to North Florida where they put me on the fetal monitor and watched me for awhile. They had planned to give me an IV of fluid, but my blood pressure was up.... not dangerously high, but high enough it wasnt worth dumping more fluid into my system. So I laid there and drank Gatorade for three hours while they made sure the baby was okay. Which she was.... very active during her morning playtime. My doctor came in after that because he was the one on call Wednesday, and he sent me home and he will see me Monday.

So then when I called work yesterday to tell them I was at the hospital there were no problems. Then around 11 I got a phone call asking me to call in when I got a chance. When I called the district chief he told me that they had changed me to 40 hour weeks effective Monday (as in 2 days ago) and they had wondered why I hadnt shown up to work Monday or Tuesday. Hmm... maybe because noone told me this change of plans? I was more than a little frusrated, because the way the contract reads if you are hurt on the job you get first shot at the 24 hour spots. I am still on light duty because of my knee technically. So if anyone was to be moved out of their spot, it would be someone who is there for a non work related problem, and there is someone who works the day after me out for that. I was so frustrated with the whole thing, and so exhausted and not wanting to deal with it. So rather than fight it, I just decided to start my maternity leave early. It wasnt worth going through the hassle of converting my salary to 40 hour pay check for one week (since Im hoping she is born next week!) and having to use a bunch of time next week for my doctors appointments and house closing stuff. It made more sense just to take the extra 2 shifts off. So now I am officially on maternity leave, and Madalyn can come any time she wants since I wont be worried about being at work! :)

It will be nice to have some time home before she gets here... so I can get everything ready and relax and have some "me" time.... plus it is nice not to stress about going to work, which has been difficult since I have been on light duty.

Whew that was a lot to update! I am off to teach my last class at SFCC today, though I am sure I will pick up more hours the longer Maddie decides to wait to come....

0 comments: