Saturday, March 31, 2007

Hospital Trip #2

Well, we went back to the hospital last night. It was definitely something I didnt want to do, but I felt much better once we got everything checked out. My blood pressure was high when they discharged me Wednesday morning, and I think somehow it got overlooked. When I talked to Shawn's mother and told her how high it had been, she said they never would have discharged me from Shands. I had assumed my doctor had seen what it was and he sent me home... but then when I actually thought about it I realized it may have never been brought to his attention, especially since I was in there for nausea/vomiting. I think it kind of got lost in the shuffle. But yesterday Shawns mother checked it for me and it was high, and last night I went to the fire station and had Kristina check it and it was still high and I called her... and she said to call my doctor. This is definitely one of the times it helps to have an OB doc in the family. Shawn called him last night and he wanted me to go in to the hospital to have some labwork drawn. He said he had no idea my pressure had been high when I had been in Wednesday and he would have never sent me home with it being elevated.

So back to the hospital. They had me lay on my left side and took my pressure like that and it was much lower. I told the nurse I felt like a broken car at the mechanic when my pressure was not too high. The reason it had come down so much was because I was laying in bed on my side and the weight of the baby was off of my blood vessels. I got up to use the bathroom and took my blood pressure sitting up, and it was elevated. My bloodwork came back okay... but I was sent home and told to "take it easy" all weekend. I see the doctor Monday afternoon. If I hadnt already gone on maternity leave he would have made me at this point, so I am glad that all of my paperwork was done last week and I didnt have to worry about doing that today!

So who knows what he will say Monday... I hope he doesnt plan on keeping me on bedrest for the next 2 weeks! He had mentioned induction at 39 weeks.... so maybe Monday he will at least schedule me. Though when we went in last night I kept thinking "we cant have her tonight.... Im so not ready to be a mom!" It made everything sink in a lot more... like this really is getting close. In less than 2 weeks she will be here.... SCARY!

My parents are coming up here tonight to watch the game and hopefully will be able to be here for our walk through tomorrow. Still doesnt look like the people have moved out... and their lease is up today. There werent any cars there last night or this morning.... but there is a bunch of crap outside the house. So I dont know if they took what they wanted and left... or if they are planning on moving today or what... but it will be interesting tomorrow to see what has been accomplished.

We will decide on a closing date after our walk through and my doctors appointment, but it will definitely be sometime next week! The next couple of days will be spent picking out flooring and paint and all that fun stuff!

0 comments: