Monday, March 26, 2007

Still a girl....

Well today I had my doctors appointment and ultrasound. Even though I am technically 37 weeks and 4 days it is considered my 38 week appointment. Everything looked great in the ultrasound, and Shawn was working over by North Florida and was able to come with me which was a nice surprise. Shes so crammed in there! She is head down and her head is low in my pelvis, her back and spine are across the left side of my stomach, leaving her arms and legs free to punch along the right side, which she loves to do. She was even punching the lady doing the ultrasound! She is measuring right on time... 37 weeks 4 days so our due date is right on. The US RN said that she would guess her weight to be able 7 lbs, 5 oz which puts her in the 70th percentile, a little bigger than average. But they could be off by up to a pound and a half, so who knows.

The biggest new, especially for Grandma Swanson, is that we are certain she is a girl! Madalyn loved showing off her "girl parts" more than her face. Just like in previous ultrasounds she likes to keep her arm across her face. But she definitely wanted to make certain we knew she was a girl!

At the doctor my BP was a little elevated. Last week is was 124/86 and this week it was now 144/86, which seemed like a big jump. However the doctor said that because it is my systolic pressure that is elevated and not my diastolic pressure he isnt very concerned. I had some protein in my urine but not enough to be worried about. But it is something to keep an eye on. He checked me and I am dilated between 1 and 2 cm and while he wouldnt put a number for effacement, he said that my cervix is "very favorable" for induction if that becomes necessary.

So looks like Shawn and I will be doing LOTS of walking over the next week!

Allie is feeling much better it seems.... I still dont know what made her so sick, but at least today she is playing like she normally does.

Still no new on the house for sure.... wont hear about the mortgage for sure yet, which is definitely a little stressful. I would have thought the people would have moved out this past weekend because they have until Saturday to be out completely, but it didnt look like they moved anything. And our walk through is scheduled for next Sunday so hopefully they will get it together by then. Our landlord here has leased this place as of August 1st, though I made certain he knew that we are staying here if we dont end up buying this house. Im hoping he is true to his word about letting us renew, because I wont be happy if we end up having to move to somewhere that we dont buy because we had this place rented out from underneath us. Especially because we havent even told our landlord for certain that we are leaving....

0 comments: