Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Glucola screening, take two!

This morning I had my second glucola screening, which meant nothing to eat after 7 last night. Normally I wouldnt even eat after that anyways, but something about not being allowed to eat makes you hungry! I planned to get up at 7 am today and head to the lab... but didnt actually make it there until 10 am. Big mistake. I knew I would be starving by 1, which I was. They drew my blood 4 times... and almost forgot the last one (it should have been done at 1:25) so I had to remind them... and they drew it at 1:45. Not such a big deal to them, but pregnant ladies arent meant to fast for that long. I think I could have eaten paper by the time I left there. I should have brought some food to have in the car, but wasnt that smart! Now I have to wait until Friday to get the results back. I actually got a LOT accomplished while I waited for my blood to be drawn... updated my whole address book and make a bunch of wedding related phone calls, so it really was a productive day when it came down to it.

Apparently October is a popular wedding month here.... so its been hard coordinating everything on the date we want! Luckily I am up for the challenge right now, with not much else going on in my life (the calm before the storm!)

Yesterday we went to visit Brian and Kristi in the hospital... Kristi is another female firefighter who works for the city of Newberry and she just had a baby boy Kole Roberts on Christmas Eve. He is so adorable! She had lots of advice for me, which is really nice... and the best thing about Kristi is that she doesnt sugar coat things and can tell me how bad contractions really hurt! She ended up having an emergency C Section after his heartrate started dropping.... but she said that as fearful as she was about having a C section, she would do it again in a heartbeat because its way less painful than labor! At least it eased my C section fears a little bit! I think seeing Kole actually here made it all the more realistic that soon we are going to have a little one of our own! Kristi was 14 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy... so its hard to believe than in 14 or 15 weeks Madalyn will be here! 3 and a half months seems so far, but when you think of the weeks it isnt far at all!

I am very quickly coming to the end of my second trimester, which really is the "honeymoon phase" of pregnancy. I can already see where the third becomes more uncomfortable. My belly is getting HUGE (I will post belly pics soon... I PROMISE!) and its hard to get comfortable at night. I cant wait until we find our rocking chair... because then I can go sit in her room on all those sleepless nights and remind myself that it will all be worth it in the end! :)

0 comments: