Sunday, December 10, 2006

We're Engaged!



Well.... it's official! As of last night, Shawn and I are engaged! And the best part of the whole thing... (well other than the fact that the man I love asked me to be his wife of course!) is that he surprised me, which is no easy task! I was completely unsuspecting... even though we had talked about rings and what I liked and disliked, it wasnt something I was expecting any time soon...

We had a great day yesterday... went Christmas shopping, which also turned into use buying some things that we needed for the house so we just browsed the stores all day. When we came home we showered and changed and went to dinner at Los Margaritas (where we went on our first date!) and then came home before we had to head up to Gators Dockside for Liz's birthday party. I wanted to lay down for a little while and relax before we went back out, so Shawn let Allie out and came back into our room and lit a candle and put on this classical music CD we have and we were just laying there talking. He gave me a massage and I was almost asleep when he asked "how much do you love me?" I told him that I love him more than I ever thought it was possible to love someone, which is the Gods honest truth. I had turned my head away and he asked me if I thought I love him enough to marry him. I said of course I did, still completely unsuspecting... but when I looked back at him he was holding the box with the ring. I was like "are you kidding me?!" Then he asked me to be his wife.... and it was beautiful! Of course I said yes... and I was in shock to say the least! The ring is beautiful... exactly what I wanted.... and I don't think I have ever been happier in my life.

The ring is too big right now (he didnt have it sized because Im sure my fingers will be swollen later in pregnancy) so we went to the mall to get a ring guard and then were running late to Liz's party so we went there... and I didnt want to tell everyone because it was her 30th birthday... but of course some people noticed, so we told them we werent going to make a big deal about it until today because it was Liz's night.

So now we have to pick a date and think about all that... and look in to how we can have a small wedding but still be able to include all of our friends and family that are important to us. I think I am still in shock... I really can't believe we are engaged!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Small wedding or not, you do realize that little sisters are guaranteed the right to wearing even the most hideous dress and being called a bridesmaid, right? Congratulations, you guys- Brad and I are so thrilled for you. Shawn- we love you very much and are so glad to be able to call you our brother.

Love to you THREE!!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for both of you......Shawn, welcome to the Hill family.........
Mom Hill