Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas 2006

Our Christmas has been so wonderful! Since I had to work today we ended up doing most of the celebrating on Saturday and Sunday. The best part of the weekend was early Saturday morning when we first woke up and Madalyn was kicking me... finally hard enough for Shawn to feel. He felt her kick several times, and then could see in my belly where she would make it move when she kicked! It was so amazing to be able to share it with him after all these weeks of him not being able to feel her.

What a whirlwind weekend we had! Saturday morning my parents came and spent the day with Shawn and I. Mom took me shopping (we havent done that in ages!) and we left the men at home watching movies. While we were gone Shawn and Dad finished the hutch for the changing table and put it up... what a great surprise! When we came home we watched the basketball game for awhile, then Jenna, Brad and Savannah came over for presents. It was wonderful getting to see my neice open all of her presents... she loved the play money piggy bank we bought her and she kept banging all of the plastic coins together. She has grown up so much in the last month since i saw her!

After dinner my parents and I headed to Cabana Cove for dinner, then came home and opened our presents. My parents bought me a photo printer... so now I can overwhelm everyone with baby pictures just as soon as I take them! :) They bought Shawn a new tool chest which he absolutely LOVED, and a remote control so we could eliminate having 5 remotes just to operate the TV!! It is really nice and programmable.... right up his alley. He loved them so much... and my Dad had a great time picking out little trinkets for Shawn's toolbox. It is so special to me to have a family that has welcomed Shawn and his family as they have.

The next morning we had Shawn's parents over for breakfast and opened presents with them and we got a DVD video camera! So we can make lots of home movies of the baby... it was so exciting! We had planned to go to Orlando that afternoon, but our plans changed so my parents went home to meet Brad and Jenna and we had Shawn's family over for dinner and a movie last night. It was a great Christmas Eve.... and so wonderful to spend time with our families. Shawn's mother even bought something pink for the baby... guess she is finally starting to believe she is going to have a granddaughter!

Allie had a great time opening her presents and got lots of toys to play with. I think her sheep is her new favorite....

0 comments: