Thursday, December 28, 2006

A little scare

Well we had a little scare today... last evening I started having some cramps and was really uncomfortable. I figured it wasn't anything to worry about, so I went to bed. But when I woke up this morning I still didnt feel right, so I called Shawn's mother. She said I might be dehydrated and that can trigger preterm labor, which was probably what all the cramping was related to. So she recommended I head over to the doctors office. I went over there and they were able to fit me in right away, so we could check everything out. I wasn't dilated at all but my cervix was a little soft, so they put me on the fetal monitor to see if I was having any contractions. I got to lay there for about half an hour and listen to her heartbeating... no real contractions, so he said I was fine to go home and drink LOTS of Gatorade because he thinks I am probably a little dehydrated. So Im on bed rest for the day... sitting on the couch being bored. But he seems to think everything will be fine once I get my electrolytes back to normal.

So it was a little scare... but I feel MUCH better knowing that she is fine! I hate to feel like I was worried for nothing, but I would hate it even more if I ignored what my body was trying to tell me and put her into danger!

While I was there they called and checked on my Glucola test, and my sugars came back okay! My doctor still wants me to watch my carb intake but at least I wont have to check my sugars 4 times a day!

0 comments: